Festival of Japan resin workshop via Zoom
Let’s make unique pieces of amazing resin art. Choose from bright or pastel, sparkly or elegant
A wonderfully relaxing hobby starts here. Jill will help you along the way to find what best works for you.
Zoom classes offer a wonderful opportunity for those looking to learn about epoxy resin to create their very own pieces of art. It also gives you the chance to interact with other starting on the same journey. Ask questions, make friends, build confidence.
Spend the day with Jill (via Zoom of course) and finish the day feeling confident to carry on your epoxy resin art adventures unguided. This class place is for 1 person only (only 1 set of equipment will be sent) – if you wish to join the class with a friend you will need to purchase 2 places. There will be no more than 6 participants on each class so we can make sure we give you our undivided attention.
You will learn how to:
- Measure, mix and add colour to your resin
- Explore using our resin pigments along with our natural mica powder
- Create different visual effects
- Learn how to use open and closed bezels
- Add embellishments
- Achieve a perfect finish, removing any bubbles that appear
- Use tips, trade secrets and techniques
- Make use of leftover resin
What do you get for the price?
- During the day we produce approx.. 10 -15 pieces of resin.
- Link to a zoom class (which will run on specific dates) in which you will be able to interact with the teacher and other students, ask questions, show your work and receive feedback
- Your materials will be posted to you at least 8 days prior to your class.
- The kit will go a great deal further than the pieces we produce.
- You will get a 30-60 minute catch up session the week following your class. This way we can talk through any issues you might have. The timing of this is decided after the class, though usually happens within a week of the class.
- It’s fun and friendly and you can have as many coffee breaks as you want!!
Everything you need material wise is in your kit. You will need to provide the following on the day of your class:
What will you need to do to attend this class?
- You will need to have a device that is able to be connected to the internet for 6 hours between 10am and 4pm (UK time)
- You will need to have downloaded Zoom and be familiar with how it works. I can help with this.
- You will need to make sure you have a clean and tidy workspace with a flat, level table large enough to hold the three pieces of artwork while they cure and something to cover them while curing. This needs to be protected with a covering that is disposable
- You will also need to ensure you have ventilation in your workroom (open a window, or make sure doors are open)
- Use of a heat tool or simply a BBQ lighter